Trader Joes is one of those places where I walk in and I get incredibly fuzzy and excited inside.
Much like the feeling I get from TJ Maxx or Barnes and Noble.
I like Trader Joes because they always have great deals on healthier options. Plus when I went in for this most recent shopping trip they were stocked with their fall specials!
I usually will abide by the same shopping list each time I go. I buy the staple items, and then I might add a treat here or a snack there.
I have included my shopping list below. I try to grocery shop every week and a half to two weeks. So my shopping list is to fit that time frame.
Trader Joes Shopping List
- Avocados (bag of 5) $2.99
- Lemons (bag of 6) $1.49
- Green Bell Peppers (2) (prices vary)
- Sweet Onion (1) (prices vary)
- Package of Portabella Mushrooms (1) (prices vary)
- Package of seedless grapes (1) $1.99
- Roma tomatos (2) $.29
- Frozen Green Beans $1.99
- Bag of yams (prices vary)
- Zucchini (prices vary)
- Bagged Spinach $1.99
- Turkey (2, ground) $2.99
- Brown eggs (prices vary)
- Bag of frozen chicken breast $7.99
- Tuna (canned) $1.69 a can
- Frozen Sole (prices vary)
- Marinara Sauce $1.49 a jar
- Spaghetti Pasta $.99
- Whole grain tortilla $1.99
- Low-fat Greek yogurt $2.99
- Shredded cheddar cheese $2.99
- Almond milk $1.99
- Earth Balance Butter $3.99
- TJ Merlot $2.99
These are my staple grocery items. Depending on need and want, items may be added or skipped. I have found the items on my list to be great staple items, and they can be made into many different meals.